Computer Forensics, also known as Cyber Forensics refers to the analysis of information in the computer systems, with the objective of finding any digital evidence that can be used for legal proceedings, but also to discover the cause of an incident. Computer forensics is the process of extracting data and information from computer systems to function as digital evidence for civic purposes, or in most cases to prove and legally impeach cybercrime.
The purpose of computer forensics is to provide forensic practices, legal processes, and ethical principles to assure reliable and detailed digital evidence that can be used for the courtroom needs. The objective of computer forensics is to guarantee a well-structured investigation and a follow-up of processes in order to resolve incidents and malfunctions in an organization.
Cybersecurity or the Cyberspace Security refers to the protection of systems, programs, networks and devices from cyber-attacks in order to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data within the Cyberspace. These cyber-attacks try to access, destroy or modify sensitive data, leading to the disruption of operations, money loss, reputation damage or loss of customers’ trust. Cybersecurity highlights the role of information security, network and internet security, physical security and critical information infrastructure protection (CIIP) in the Cyberspace.
Why is Computer Forensics & Cybersecurity important for you?
The global evolution of technology has resulted in a rapid increase of the number of cyber-crimes and cyber-attacks. To combat the spread of these attacks, Cybersecurity helps you understand the effective measures and controls that need to be implemented in order to stay protected from all kinds of attacks. Therefore, the implementation of the right Cybersecurity controls and mechanisms enables your organization to assess and treat the Cybersecurity risks that they face.
Cybersecurity professionals will prove that they possess the necessary expertise to support organizations implement effective protection measures that involve the combination of people, processes and technology.
Moreover, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to support the process of integrating the Cybersecurity controls into the organization’s processes and ensure that the intended outcomes are achieved.
A forensics process is applied after the cyber attack or incident has occurred in order to collect and analyze the data to determine what happened, how did it happen and why did it happen? Computer forensics can be used as a tool to exploit backdoors that should be patched. A computer forensics investigation is a proficient mechanism that allows organizations’ to rationalize their time and immense financial impacts.
An internationally recognized computer forensic professional will be able to provide a detailed investigation of computer systems and assist the law enforcement authorities. Computer forensics’ provide you with the advantage of learning and practicing the latest comprehensive security methodologies of network systems, encryption technology, file operating systems, and criminal science.
Benefits of Computer Forensics & Cyber Security
- By becoming Certified Computer Forensics Professional you will be able to:
- Understand the role of computer forensics in the business world.
- Support an organization to prevent incident occurrence
- Learn the prime forensic skills that can be applied in different situations.
- Improve your forensic techniques and tools to identify and respond to cybercrimes.
- Become an internationally recognized digital forensic professional
Cybersecurity Certificate will prove that you have:
- Obtained the necessary expertise to support an organization to implement Cybersecurity controls and defense mechanisms
- The ability to provide continual prevention and assessments of cyber-threats within your organization
- Higher chances of being distinguished or hired in the field of Cybersecurity
- Strengthen your skills in the establishment and maintenance of a Cybersecurity program
- The ability to support organizations in the continual improvement process of their security
- The ability to respond and recover faster in the events of cyber-incidents
How do I get started with Computer Forensics & Cybersecurity Training?
You are about to take one of the most required training courses in the field of IT security. The Computer forensics comprehensive training will provide you with outstanding skills that will help you to enhance your professional career. Our trainers are here to make sure that you achieve the goal of becoming a Certified Professional on Computer Forensics.
Interested in expanding your knowledge and advancing your skills on Cybersecurity? Our experts are here to ease the certification process and help you obtain the Certified Cybersecurity Credentials.